Engagement activities that remain available throughout the duration of the project include:
- Send us an email: [email protected]
- Phone us: 1.866.514.6700
- In-person meetings with interested groups and individuals
- Engagement with all levels of government
Sign up to stay informed about new opportunities to participate.
Engagement Program Highlights To Date
The stakeholder engagement program went beyond the stakeholder engagement methods identified in the NEB Filing Manual (NEB 2013), through the utilization of social media to disseminate information as well as seek feedback from stakeholders. Trans Mountain launched a Project specific Twitter account and YouTube channel to engage audiences that may have not been reached through traditional avenues.
Highlights of the engagement program include:
- 63 engagement open houses or workshops along the pipeline route and the marine corridor, engaging 2,761 individuals.
- 527 meetings between project team members and stakeholder groups
- 264 interviews with news media outlets
- 1,530 tweets from the @TransMtn Twitter account
- 409 Feedback Forms submitted either as printed copies or online
- Distributed 2,500 printed copies of our Discussion Guide
- 326 copies of our Discussion Guide downloaded from our website
- 12,471 downloads of project documents from our online engagement forum
- 12 videos posted on YouTube generating 9,278 views
- 585 emails to the project email address and 162 phone calls to the toll-free info line
- 53,647 visits to the website from June 2012 through July 2013, 69 per cent of which (32,724) represented new visitors